Thursday, October 29, 2015

Guest post by King Mortstar


Ladies and gentlemen, I hereby introduce the first guest blogger in Seahawks Diehard history, my man Chris Mortenson, AKA King Mortstar, my brother, lifelong friend and mentor who provided my earliest education in the sport of football and the mysteries of the NFL. Witness his concise wisdom:



Chris Mortenson
King Mortstar
The Seahawks have their work cut out for them going on the road to the Jerry Dome this Sunday. After salvaging what remains of their blemished stumble out of the gate (due largely to blown 4th quarter leads), Seattle has the gift of this blessed opportunity to take care of business against a homo-less (ex-squeeze me "Romo-less") Dallas squad minus their good luck charm...GO HAWKS !!!  Mortstar sez SEATTLE 23, DALLAS 13...WARNING: this game is indoors, so AVOID the O/U this could be a shootout !!!



Smugly heterosexual

Ouch. King, we don't normally crack homophobic jokes in this joint. We like to keep Seahawks Diehard as enlightened as the Emerald City itself. Romo's sexual preference doesn't matter, but for the record, the dude dated Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood and is now married, so I'm pretty sure he's straight.

When it comes to Romo as an athlete, I actually have some sympathy for the guy. He's a good quarterback who's won a lot of games, but his past propensity to choke in big games had made him widely loathed by the Cowboys fan base. At a conference in Texas a couple years back, I polled a room full of 60-80 Dallas fans, and not a single one of them had a kind word to say for Romo. Their consensus was that the quarterback has only one fan: Jerry Jones, but that's the only support he needs, because that's the man who signs the checks.
Fond memory
It reminded me a little bit of how unfair Seahawks fans treated Dave Krieg back in the '80s. Except that Mudbone never got paid like Romo, unfortunately.

I suspect the Cowboys fans are reconsidering and missing Romo & Dez Bryant by now. Dallas had a credible Super Bowl shot back in August, but those injuries have helped land the Cowboys in the NFC East cellar, making playoff contention look like a distant and doubtful prospect.

Later in the week I'll post my own preview of the Cowboys contest, focusing on the athletes who will take the field.

Go, Hawks!


1 comment: