Sunday, September 23, 2018

Seattle slump

Nfl Seattle Seahawks At Chicago Bears
Only Cleveland has allowed more sacks than 0-2 Seattle (Credit: USA Today)

The season's hopes are draining away fast.

Starting with two road games is tough, but the Broncos and the Bears were both beatable teams coming off terrible 2017 campaigns.

Injuries have exacerbated the impact of high-profile veteran departures on defense. The secondary remains decent, but a poor pass rush and rookie linebackers have let mediocre Bears and Broncs passers carve us up like roast poultry.

So far, Mike Solari's revamped O-line has proven as porous as its predecessors--Tom Cable's deservedly maligned units. Offensive coordinator Brian's Schottenheimer's puzzling playcalling has achieved the incredible feat of making me nostalgic for Darrell Bevell. Despite vows to run the ball more, we continue to throw too much and invite defenses to blitz, swarm the pocket, allow Russell Wilson no avenue of escape, and reap a rich harvest of sacks.

This is looking more and more like the rebuilding year skeptics predicted.

Here's hoping the 12s can inspire the Seahawks to a better showing today.

Earlier this month, SI detailed how Seattle's dynastic ambitions disappeared into the gaping chasm separating the defense and Marshawn Lynch from Coach Carroll and his allegedly privileged pet, Wilson. The lack of input from Carroll and Wilson's camp makes it difficult to evaluate whether this is the whole story or just one side of the story, but the article provides helpful context for understanding why our roster and team culture remain in flux.

3 comments:

  1. Ever since my husband got me divorced for the past 2 years, i v'e not been my self. I was reviewing some post of how i could get back my husband then, i saw a testimony shared by Marina Choas from SWEDEN about a spell caster named Dr. tunde. I contacted Marina Chaos to confirm about how Dr. tunde helped her and she clarified everything to me of how he helped her and that gave me the courage to get in touch with Dr. tunde for help. Dr. tunde assured me that my days of sorrows will be over within 48hours after he has finished with his work. I followed his instructions he gave to me because i had the believe, faith, hope and trust in him. Verily i say to you today that i and my husband are back together and i can proudly say and testify to the world of what Dr. tunde did for me. Contact him today via E-mail:(babatundesolutioncentre1@gmail.com) OR call him or whatsapp him +2348143581382 if you seek his help. Also specialize in treating all kinds of illness, HERPES VIRUS, HEPATITIS B, CANCER, BRAIN DISEASE, INFERTILITY, DIABETES AND MORE

    ReplyDelete
  2. The miniatures gaming in “Legends of Wargaming” on the other hand, is wonderful.
    Nice information great Post Niodemy

    ReplyDelete