Monday, May 30, 2016

Who was history's greatest male athlete?




I am long overdue to write about Seattle's eventful offseason.

I've been posting a lot on my history blog. It rarely relates to sports, but yesterday was an exception.

I wrote this piece weighing the evidence for who deserves the title of greatest male athlete in recorded history.

Even the most casual reader of this blog knows what a hopeless homer I am, but no, I did not make a case for any Seahawks--not even my man Walter Jones, a transcendent talent who remains criminally underrated.

3 comments:

  1. When I saw the title of this post, my immediate reaction was "Jim Thorpe." Back when I used to write a blog that combined astrology with sports (yes, I'm a little weird) I profiled a lot of athletes, male and female, and for me, he certainly ranked as The Greatest of The Great.

    Not everyone shares that opinion, of course...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you're just swelling my ego.
    ; )

    ReplyDelete