Thursday, August 18, 2011

Die, wrecked TV!

I did not see last week's exhibition game against the Chargers.

Two weeks ago, a storm and a power outage fried the Direct TV receiver. Because I work all the time and seldom watch TV--except for Seahawks games--I didn't discover this until it was too late.

It had been more than 8 years since I had last missed a Seahawks game.

I watched some highlights from our preseason "victory" over San Diego online.

Direct TV mailed me a replacement receiver, so I should be able to see Saturday's contest against the Minnesota Vikings.


I hope Tarvaris Jackson makes a case for himself as a starting quarterback. If he can't get up for a game against the team that wronged him, then there's something wrong with him.

Against San Diego, T-Jack did nothing to convince Seattle fans that he's a better option than Charlie Whitehurst.

Jesus of Clemson did not perform much better for the rest of the first half, but his Second Coming was something to behold. He came out after halftime and played like someone who wants a starting job.

I want the good kind of quarterback controversy that comes when your anointed starter and his backup both light it up in the preseason.

And I want Russell Okung to quit getting high ankle sprains.

No comments:

Post a Comment